Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thanksgiving


mantle close, originally uploaded by jasonmlott.

Thanksgiving turned out to be a great time in St. Louis: nice crisp weather and the parents visiting SL for the first time.

I've discovered that for a three to four day window, you can actually make this city look pretty damn cool. Which it is, especially if you (like my rents) live in Cleveland.

I am not going to slam any city I've even lived in, especially a town as oft-abused as C-Town, but touring around the Lou gave me a fresh appreciation that this place is alright, and at the very least could be worse.

So color me thankful for my new home. Also, more importantly, parents who are smart, entertaining and very good looking.

A quick precautionary tale and final bit of thanks:
While the bird was cooking on the grill mom and dad told a horror story of some poor friend of theirs, whose first thanksgiving turned into a nightmare because she done forgotted to take the giblet bag out of the turkey. 'Whole thing turned into a melted-plastic bad acid trip. A cold sweat spread through my body...I had removed crap from the main cavity but NOT the neck portion. Uh-oh, here comes another classic Jason mistake, to be heckled about at holidays for eternity, to be passed down to future generations and told as a precautionary tale at cocktail parties throughout the Midwest.

So: I am eternally grateful for the fine people at Straubs for including the nasties in a fire-proof paper sack that didn't ruin the meal...damn thing turned out great, regardless of the fact that I am indeed an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home