Friday, February 17, 2006

"My Coolest Story EVER"

Bryan is spending a week backcountry skiing with friends in Alaska. This morning I received this email from him, with the title: "My Coolest Story EVER."

"Well, at least my coolest story since Willow has been born. SO COOL in fact, that I'm not even going to hint in this letter what this story may be about, but be warned: I'm calling you soon, and you're going to hear one rad fuckin' story. And NO it has nothing (err...very, very little) to do with skiing or snow).

Will be calling you shortly so that you can share in the super-cool life of Bryan."

The urgent and excited nature of the email led me to speculate to no end. He found a frozen caveman in the wilds of Alaska? He saved ANWAR? He brokered a deal selling alaska to Canada? Bryan has lead a pretty amazing life with all sorts of adventures and stories. Could anything top past escapades?

Nope. It seems Bryan was in a ski-bum bar last night, where he ran into a friend from New Mexico. The friend, as it turns out, was in town documenting Tony Hawk on a 10 day backcountry skiing adventure for Men's Health (or some similar mag). The friend, apparently, called Tony Hawk over to introduce my brother as "someone he should meet." The following was important to Bryan because:

1) He was introduced as someone for Tony Hawk to meet, not the other way around

2) After the introduction, Tony Hawk was swarmed by hucksters at the bar. Tony Hawk later thanked Bryan for being so "chill" in his conversations, unlike the other swarming patrons of the bar. Bryan has mastered the art of "chill," it seems. Even Tony Hawk recognizes his powerful inner chillness.

This event, in Bryan's words, now rates just under the birth of his daughter. Nobody said the men of the Lott household were mature. I'm just pissed he didn't mention to Tony Hawk how the Bones Brigade movies changed my life. Chin was here, dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home