Monday, March 13, 2006

hotel valley ho


hotel valley ho, originally uploaded by jasonmlott.

Melissa and I spent the weekend in Arizona a friend's wedding. I pictured a triumphant return to the town in which I attended college, hours in between activities spent laying poolside, sipping on margaritas. I booked us a room at the impossibly hip Hotel Valley Ho for the sole purpose of having a cool pool by which to lounge.*

Friday was cold, windy and cloudy, and it rained all day Saturday. ALL DAY SATURDAY. They got SNOW in Arizona, folks. Thankfully, the wedding and reception were indoors so there were not any interruptions for Brandon and Amy’s ceremonies. But damn, I should have saved the money and stayed at a pool-less Holiday Inn.

Oh, and it was 85 degrees here in Missouri on Saturday. Perfect pool weather, less the tornadoes.

Can I chalk this up as me harboring some kind of bad-karma-weather action, or blame it on the age-old standby: global warming? Either way, am I crazy for planning an outdoor wedding, even in Cabo? Have I never heard the word, "hurricane?"


*click though for more pics via my flickr page

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for a wonderful drunk fest in AZ. The weather was so bad, but it was a great time. Thanks honey for the awesome hotel and just being the coolest guy I've ever known.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home