Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's Official

Email I sent out last week:

"Friends and Family*:

Melissa and I got engaged on Tuesday, both her birthday and Valentine’s Day. Many of you know my complete inability to remember important dates, so I am doing everything I can to ensure that every important occurrence moving forward falls on the 14th of February. All future weddings, births, parties and celebrations will have this target date moving forward. The fact that Melissa had a terrible stomach flu that day didn’t even dissuade me from my plan; I consider the fact that she hasn’t thrown up since I proposed a sign that our marriage will be strong. What little girl doesn’t dream of such a romantic way to be asked for her hand in marriage? For this, and an infinite number of other reasons, I am a lucky dude.

We have not yet decided on a date or location, although you can guess when I’m pulling for."


Pictures to follow.

My favorite response I received was from my Uncle Duck, arguably the funniest, kindest person on the planet:

"Hello J:You have no idea how happy we are! Kathy and I both love you and Melissa.

You could crawl on your hands and knees across India (As the devotes in my former religion used to say it would take to find a guru) to find a Melissa. I remember (sort of) this song Sweet Melissa by somebody from the 60's or 70's or gasp 80's. Actually I don't remember anything about that song but I do know that your Melissa has a big heart, is very smart, is very insightful and will zing you when you need it. She is also a kick in the head. Lucky you.

As far as the wedding date goes I will always remember that you proposed 4 days after Vice President Dick Cheney shot a 73 year old man in the face, because he thought that old man was a tiny innocent little bird with a very beautiful little feathery crown, and so will set my calendar accordingly. As far as the ceremony goes, your brother raised a very high bar, in my mind, because that was the best wedding I have ever been to. You should also know I prefer funerals to weddings because of the honesty factor. So raising the bar might be very easy. Well screw me. Do what you want and we be will be happy.

If I was you and wanted to have a wedding where like maybe 8 people attended have it in Sapa, or Cat Ba, Vietnam. Magic!

If you want a crowd I'd vote for St. Louis or AZ or Mexico. Please stay away from the pro commie RED states.However if you decide to be married in a biker bar in New Jersey we will be there.

PPS: I'm sorry I played with your toys when you were a little kid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home