Monday, August 29, 2005

Mos Def (insert cheesy pun here)

Saw Mos Def in a barely-advertised-at-all live show last Thursday. Some thoughts on the show:

  • Club Toxic is the worst club name in the history of club names. I've seen some crappy monikers before...Club Paranoia jumps to mind...but Toxic is sooooo 90's heroin chic meets britney spears. Evil drug meets redneck riviera, anyone?
  • Shit happens, I understand. Maybe the performer's plane was late. Audio troubles. Permit issues. I get it, and am patient enough to understand that shows will occasionally start late. But keeping your patrons waiting out side on a humid-ass night is absurd, and certainly doesn't win you any points with your bar staff.
  • Regarding said bar staff: barely clad hot chicks who serve drinks, promptly and with a smile deserve better from management/ownership.
  • Was that Lil John at the show? Should I jump out my window right now for even knowing who lil john is? I am 30, afterall.
  • Mos Def: you friggin rocked, dude. Good mix of older stuff, the slow song was nice, sampling that stupid "Drop It Like It's Hot Song (again: suicide?) was genius. Alot of your stuff really is timeless, and I appreciate your positive messages. Your new wife is gorgeous, good luck to you both.

In a nutshell: great show in a crappy venue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home