Thursday, September 15, 2005

My Brain Is Melting Out of My Ear

Just thought you should know. If I never see another excel spreadsheet again I will die a happy man.

Good news: I survived (albeit not in the most graceful of fashions) a full project review from the President and COO: two brilliant- yet equally scary- Men Of Power. I don't know what it is about the intensity of these MOPs that turns me into a quivering bowl of jello encased in an entry-level suit.

Bad News: it's budget season here in this lovely multinational corporation. Which means on my horizon looms another mind-boggling array of..you guessed it...excel worksheets. All of which have embedded links that take you to other embedded links that take you to "big ripper" rollup sheets with more links that will change the entire universe with one false hard code. A butterfly beating its wings in california may cause a tsunami in china, but that is nothing compared to the end-of-the-universe affect that occurs when an a property controller fucks up and accidentally messes with my boss' NOI. Nothing in life is more sacred.

Jason needs a cocktail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home